FAA Approves Removal of Attitude Indicator with Installation
of a Single Aspen Avionics’ Pro MAX Primary Flight Display (PFD)
The approval allows aircrafts owners to remove the attitude indicator when installing a Single Evolution EFD1000 Pro MAX PFD with the latest released software (v2. 11) and the new extended duration battery. A turn and bank indicator along with airspeed and altimeter must be retained as the three required backups.
- Backup attitude indicator not required; the removal of the supporting vacuum system can be accomplished by installer
- Rechargeable extended duration backup battery
- Consolidates traditional attitude indicator and HSI into a single display
- Synthetic Vision included at no cost
- Works with existing avionics, and interfaces with most industry autopilots*
- Patented, unique form-fit design slides easily into existing panel cutouts
Current owners of the Aspen Pro MAX PFD can be field upgraded by Aspen authorized dealers to the extended duration battery and latest software. The new software is free of charge from Aspen Avionics.
To be eligible for removal of the backup attitude indicator, the EFD1000 Pro Max PFD with the extended duration battery must be installed with the following instruments:
- Magnetic compass
- Airspeed indicator
- Electric turn and bank indicator
- FAA Advisory Circular permits an electric attitude indicator may be a substitute for the turn and bank indicator if it has its own battery source
- Graphical IFR GPS (with moving map)
CONTACT Canwest Aerospace Avionics (604-532-0322) for the latest details on upgrading or Installation of Aspen products.
FUTURE PROOF YOUR AVIONICS…There is no other avionics manufacturer that can extend the life of its systems like Aspen Avionics for the price and value. Aspen offers the latest technology, easy installation, free synthetic vision, and a NEW TWO YEAR WARRANTY for customers who trade in their legacy Aspen displays.